2016 Emerging Playwrights Program
The Dennis & Victoria Ross Foundation (DVRF) is pleased to announce and solicit submissions for the 2016 edition of its Emerging Playwrights program. The program is intended to help develop and ultimately bring to public attention new and promising dramatic work from playwrights who have not yet achieved commercial success. For 2016, we will select and develop one full-length play over the course of several months, culminating in a week-long intensive workshop and subsequent public presentation before an audience that would include industry professionals.
Exact development, workshop and presentation schedules will be coordinated in consultation with the selected playwright. The workshop and presentation will take place in New York City.
Rules and Guidelines for Submission
- We are seeking full-length plays only. While there is no strict minimum for length we suggest all submissions be at least 30 pages long.
- Submissions must be written in English.
- No play that is currently under option, or has previously had a full, public production is eligible for selection. Submissions that have been developed previously or were under option must be accompanied by a brief summary of their developmental history.
- No musicals or dance pieces will be considered at this time.
- Please only one submission per playwright/playwriting team.
- The play must be original or based on material which the author previously was afforded the rights to.
- Playwrights must be residents of the United States.
- The selected playwright must be prepared to bear any lodging and travel expenses incurred while participating in the program. This program is intended for playwrights who will be able to attend a week-long workshop and presentation in New York City in 2016.
Instructions for Submission
All submissions must be made electronically using this form. Submissions should be PDFs and in standard stage play format. Please note that the form asks for an additional"blind" copy of your submission, with your name and personal details removed from all pages. The deadline for submissions is May 31st, 2016.