DVRF/OHENRY PRODUCTIONS NEW PLAY DEVELOPMENT CONTEST
These “Contest Rules” set forth the rules, regulations, terms and conditions of the New Play Development Contest (the “Contest”) conducted jointly by The Dennis & Victoria Ross Foundation and OHenry Productions (collectively, the “Contest Organizers”) according to an agreement entered into by these parties. By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by and accept all provisions of these Contest Rules. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to amend or alter the Contest Rules from time to time.
In order to participate in the Contest, participants must be 18 years or older, and must live in the United States or the District of Columbia. Employees and officers of The Dennis & Victoria Ross Foundation and OHenry Productions or their respective affiliates are prohibited from participating in the Contest.
Unless otherwise specified in the contest details posted by the Contest Organizers (“Submission Guidelines”):
- only one entry per playwright/writing team is permitted.
- participants may withdraw from the Contest at any time.
- participation is free, except for postage (if entry submitted by mail) and any taxes that may be payable by a participant as a result of winning a prize.
The participant consents to the submission of their name and other personal information and authorizes the Contest Organizers to use, reproduce or such information. Scripts and associated writings, drawings, photographs and/or other materials submitted to the Contest Organizers in connection with the Contest (collectively, the “Script”) will not be returned to the participant. By submitting the Script, the participant authorizes the Contest Organizers to copy, alter, distribute, retain or destroy the Script at their sole discretion. The participant maintains final edit rights to their play. Participants shall not submit any Script that is not original to the participant unless expressly indicated to the contrary in a clearly visible and legible copyright notice. It is strictly prohibited to submit to the Contest Organizers any material that violates the copyright, publicity/privacy rights or other intellectual property rights of a third party, or that is in breach of obscenity or other civil or criminal laws.
Participants should complete and include this form in their submission. All submissions must be made electronically via email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject heading “2015 Contest Submission.” Scripts submitted should in pdf and standard stage play format. All Scripts should include a title page with the following information: Participant’s name (must be same as playwright), address, telephone number and email address. Submissions should also include a brief synopsis and character descriptions. Deadline for submissions is 11:59PM on Monday April 6th, 2015 in order for the Script to be eligible for the 2015 Contest.
The Contest Organizers are not liable in connection with entries that are lost, damaged, or delayed in transit or via Internet or other form of delivery.
In the event of a dispute, entries submitted via Internet will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address cited on the contest entry form on the dated of submission.
Any intentional attempt to damage any Contest Organizer website or social media page or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of civil and criminal laws.
Contest winners will be selected as follows:
- Scripts will be distributed to readers, allocated to designated readers by the Contest Organizers on a random basis.
- The Contest Organizers will review Scripts that are highly recommended by readers.
- Contest Organizers will select the winning Script based on the Contest Organizers’ subjective assessment of whether they would like to produce a play based on the Script. Factors such as writing quality, plot, characters and dialogue and commercial viability will be taken into account, but final decisions will be made based on Contest Organizers’ desire to be involved in moving the project forward.
- The winning Script will receive a developmental staged reading in New York City to be produced and funded by the Contest Organizers (the “Prize”).
The Contest Organizers will notify the winner(s) by email, which will be sent to the email address indicated on the Contest entry form. In order to secure the Prize, a participant must respond to such email within 48 hours of receipt. Failure timely to respond to the notification, or upon request, to submit a timely affidavit of eligibility, will result in disqualification. In the event of disqualification the reading shall be awarded to the next eligible participant.
Prizes are not transferable. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to substitute any prize for a prize of equal value without notice to the participant. Winners of the Contest are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable federal, state and local taxes.